News/Blog

How a Grease Separator Works

How a Grease Separator Works

Did you know that wastewater systems can be negatively impacted by oil and grease? These contaminants can cause serious problems for businesses and municipalities, leading to expensive repairs and environmental damage. Commonly installed in commercial and industrial environments, a grease separator is a plumbing device designed to filter out oil and grease from wastewater before it enters the sewer system. In this article, we will discuss how a grease separator works and how they can help maintain healthy wastewater systems!

View Full Post
The advantages of Biogreen for wastewater treatment

The advantages of Biogreen for wastewater treatment

The Biogreen Wastewater Treatment System is designed to provide domestic wastewater treatment. Here at Carlow Tanks we have been installing Biogreen Wastewater Treatment Systems for over 10 years. Over this time we have seen the numerous advantages that this system provides. In this blog we’re taking a look at those advantages to demonstrate how a Biogreen Wastewater Treatment System is the best investment for the future.   Components Of The System   The first two compartments of the Biogreen system are

View Full Post
How our water storage tanks can help you save water in 2022

How our water storage tanks can help you save water in 2022

Water storage tanks are the ideal solution for the storage of non-potable water. They are an effective and cost saving solution that provides you with water for a variety of chores that don’t require potable water. In this blog we take a look at how our water storage tanks can help you to save water in 2022.   Make use of a commodity in large supply   Here in Ireland we receive an average rainfall of between 750 and 1000mm

View Full Post
The Importance of Diesel Storage Tanks for Fuel Efficiency

The Importance of Diesel Storage Tanks for Fuel Efficiency

Have you been considering the use of a diesel storage tank for your commercial company or farm? One of the biggest benefits of diesel tanks is their fuel efficiency. In this blog we take a closer look at the importance of diesel tanks for fuel efficiency. The benefits of a good diesel storage tank are numerous. 1. Save space and increase safety If you’re currently bulk buying fuel but don’t have a diesel storage tank then you are likely surrounded

View Full Post
The Importance of Pump Chambers for Septic Tank Maintenance

The Importance of Pump Chambers for Septic Tank Maintenance

A basic septic tank is comprised of the tank, the drain field and the soil, however more sophisticated tanks now feature a pump chamber and overflow tank. In this blog, we look at the important role pump chambers play in septic tank maintenance. What is a pump chamber? A pump chamber is used to disperse the effluent when your site has a high-water level or if the gradients for drainage are unfavourable. When the effluent in the pump tank rises

View Full Post
The Three Stages of Rainwater Harvesting

The Three Stages of Rainwater Harvesting

Rainwater harvesting is becoming a hugely popular solution in Ireland. Traditionally, an activity that was commonplace in arid and semi-arid areas, Irish people are quickly seeing the benefits that rainwater harvesting has to offer with water becoming a hugely valuable commodity here. With our growing population and the changing climate, our water resources are under increasing pressure. The average household uses approximately 150 litres of water per person per day with only 50% of this needed to be sterile. Rainwater harvesting is

View Full Post
Diesel Storage Tanks to optimise on fuel consumption

Diesel Storage Tanks to optimise on fuel consumption

Introduction When choosing a diesel storage tank it is important to think about your needs. Are you a large commercial company? Or do you own a farm and are noticing your fuel costs are rising? Our Diesel storage tanks are the perfect solution for you. Read more below, or contact us today. How Diesel Storage Tanks can help you optimise your fuel consumption: Why should you choose a Diesel storage tank? The benefits of a good storage tank are numerous. If

View Full Post
Tips to save water in your home

Tips to save water in your home

Although it may seem like there is an unlimited supply of water all around us, less than 1% of the Earth’s water is suitable for our day-to-day use. The other 99% comprises our seas, is frozen in icecaps or is floating around in the atmosphere. With the average amount of water used in an Irish household yearly reaching 125,000 litres, now is the time to consider how we can conserve our finite resource and save our budgets.  Here at Carlow

View Full Post
scroll to top arrow
Call Now ButtonCALL US NOW